Friday, February 18, 2011

Late Night Drama Queen

Here are few things that one should know:

1) Getting Steamy in STEAMBOAT: 23 days!
2)Graduation: 85 days!
3)CAMP: 84 days!

With just listing those three things, I can't help but get SO excited! This semester is FLYING by, but I am loving every minute.. and I feel just about the time I begin to love the moment it is here and gone! I feel as if I need to let you in on a little secret.. There is ONE thing (yes, just one) that I feel I have ALWAYS been good at. In fact, I think I would even go as far to say that I believe it is a God given talent of mine... now that I have you on the edge of your seat.... procrastination. This is one thing that I have consistently been GREAT at my whole life, and it has yet to let me down in my last semester of college. I will confess that I am the person that every semester for well.... now 8 semesters that has started each one in the same way... I will fill my planner with due dates, highlights, reminders.. in hope that I would some how be encouraged to start early. As much as I have learned this about myself, I have also seen how well I can work under pressure. Now, is the pressure fun? NO. easy? NO. at any point is there any enjoyment? absolutely NO. I think it is safe to say I have lost every time to school, when it comes to "starting early".... so yet again at the age of 22, I pulled my first all night last night (hence the NO blog... even though at times I was EXTREMELY tempted to work on that instead of a paper) but with the little self-control in that area... I held it together... looking back on last night.. do I regret not blogging..YES. So what have we learned here....blogging > school and yes that looks about right. I will be the first to tell you that pulling an all-nighter is NEVER worth it.. I am writing this and I absolutely feel like I was hit by a stampede of stinking buffalo.... a feeling that I hate. So if you are thinking, all nighter  tonight?? Let me help you out... not worth it. Hence where my title comes in again, "Late Night Drama Queen" by: Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors- I think my favorite line in this song has to be, "she just wants someone who can understand she's crazy and loves caffeine" but when listening to the song last night, I don't really know if it was because I was completely exhausted and it was about 5:30 in the morning but that song rocks. Yea- that's all I can say about it. But if I'm going to be choosingJOY is staying up all night, and reading a book that was literally a battle to stay awake while reading, and THEN having to write a paper over a theme in the book that I didn't even understand... you better believe there will be an AWESOME soundtrack playing in the background... to mostly drown out my reading and encourage me to sing more.

The last thing is, I am going through this book that is a daily devotional titled, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young... it is my favorite daily devotional that I have ever read through... I just want to end with some encouragement and then it's back to the books... (man, school is getting in the way)

"Your relationship with me is meant to be vibrant and challenging, as I invade more and more areas of your life. Do not fear change, for I am making you anew creation, with old things passing away and new things continually on the horizon. I want you to embrace all that I am doing in your life, finding your security in Me alone."-Jesus Calling.

Oh baby! I get pumped! It is so good to be reminded of the truth that the God of the universe is at work in my life and the old is GONE and the new has COME!


ChoosingJOY & Running with the Shadows of the Night,
Cal

2 comments:

  1. Calpal, how did you know that I was planning on pulling my second all-nighter in a row tonight? I wish I could take your advice and not let it happen, but something's gotta give...Love your encouraging posts, but more than that I love you! 84 moreeee days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT BLOGGGGGS CAL!!!!!
    i added you to my favs on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete